Digital thermometer probe with USB connection, based on genuine DS18B20 1–wire probe and USB bridge interface (PL2303TA or CP2102), provides 9-bit to 12-bit temperature measurements. Each thermometer has an unique 64-bit serial code stored inside ROM.
Perfect solution for monitoring air temperature at home, in a greenhouse or in a server room. Measurements are more accurate since the probe is not in the same housing as the USB plug. Despite probe's wide measuring range it is advisable its usage between –20 and +85 degrees Celsius. Unit of readout value (Celsius or Fahrenheit) depends on software used.
- Measuring range: –55 °C — +125 °C (–67 °F — +257 °F)
- Accuracy: 0.5 °C (0.9 °F) (from –10 °C to +85 °C), 2 °C otherwise
- Resolution: 0.0625 °C (0.1125 °F) at 12-bit
- Data record frequency: above 750 milliseconds at 12-bit
- Works under Linux™ (Debian, Fedora, Mageia, Manjaro, Openwrt/LEDE, Rosa, Ubuntu etc.) and Windows® XP SP2, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. CPU architecture independent: works also on MIPS and ARM (e.g. Raspberry Pi).
- Supported by dedicated open source software (released under MIT license) at github.com/usbtemp (C, C++, C#, node.js and python 3 libraries with examples) and wide range of third-party tools and monitoring utilities, e.g. Digitemp, owfs, LogTemp.
Here are listed default values, depending on used USB bridge interface.
- Plug (shell) color: indigo (blue) or black (PL2303TA) or magenta (CP2102)
- Cable length (between plug and probe): approximate 82 cm (PL2303TA) or 92 cm (CP2102)
These values could be changed on request: put probe on longer cable, or make it waterproof by putting it inside a stainless steel or copper tube.
- Product sheet (pdf) – includes usage
- Driver and software installation guide (pdf)
- LogTemp setup (pdf), SNMP setup (pdf)
Drivers and software
- Prolific (PL2303) driver for Windows (from prolific.com.tw)
- Silabs CP2102 driver for Windows 7 & 8, for Windows 10 (from silabs.com)
- Maxim 1-wire driver 32-bit, 64-bit (for Windows from Maxim Integrated)
- digitemp.exe (v1.7) (from digitemp.com)
- Maxim 1-wire viewer for Windows (needs Maxim 1-wire driver & Java RTE) (from Maxim Integrated)
- LogTemp (v2.25) (needs Maxim 1-wire driver) (from MR Soft)
- utmp-cli for Windows, for Linux x86-64 (from utmp-cli latest binary release)
Picture of normal version
picture of waterproof (stainless steel) version, picture of waterproof (copper) version
Technical support is available on mail support@[this domain].
Thermometer (PL2303TA, normal: indigo plug and 82 cm cable, waterproof: black plug, stainless steel shell, and 92 cm cable) could be ordered securely online with PayPal (due to PayPal fee, 1 EUR (1.2 USD) will be charged for handling). Orders with value (excl. shipping) greater than 20 EUR (23 USD) will be shipped as registered mail (with tracking), otherwise 1 EUR (1.2 USD) will be refunded and shipped as priority (airmail). Shipping is flat rate (does not depend on the number of items ordered).
Due to a temporary suspension of mail service to some countries, shipping and ordering through the form below is possible only to the following countries (in ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 notation).
Having both version inside the same cart might be expressed as double amount for the shipping & handling. Second amount (and in case of two or more orders on the same day) will be refunded after purchase at order review before shipping.
For remaining countries, cost clarification, customizations, SEPA payment or business purchase please write to sales@[this domain] to review feasibility and delivery options.